Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stop Stealing My Joy!

If you are anything like me, you are spending much of your day struggling with feelings of doubt, while longing for the joy that those around you seem to experience naturally.  These negative emotions seem magnified during the holidays!  What should be a Christ centered, joy filled season becomes another monotous to do list, and you find yourself celebrating out of obligation.  

I've made it a daily goal, to read a Proverb a day out of the Bible, since the book is comprised of  31 chapters.....and most months of the year have 31 days in them.  So it just works.  Today was a tough one for me to read and even more difficult to live out!  Proverbs 16 is rough, since i am constantly trying to regain control of my life and future.  When i feel my joy slipping away, Proverbs helps me to re-center.

 Right from the start, this chapter grates on me, "the plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord."  Whether, i feel like His plans are best, they ARE. So I just wait on God, for guidance...praying and obeying as He leads. Check.  Impossible to make plans work (for the moment that is), till i find out more about my health situation anyway.  Not that i don't make plans @ all, but God's will and timing supercede mine!

For me, the best way to steal back my joy is by remembering to thank God for what has done, is doing, and will continue doing in my life.  (i make this list on paper, i need to be reminded frequently)  I am making tentative plans, while i wait for further direction.......sorta the way a child wildly and excitedly awaits Christmas morning~

1 comment: