Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's mid December.....and a ripe 24 degrees, and i dare not guess what temperature it is once wind chill is factored in!!!!!! (yikes)  I threw caution to the wind this morning and went for a peaceful, and FRIGID walk.  Now to those of you who are living in a climate like Boston, New York, presently experiencing the chill accompanying this time of year..........you probably think walking outdoors is quite silly, a bit insane perhaps.  But considering my current living situation/driving situation, and sometimes the most sane thing i can think to do to clear my head is walk.
While i am walking i can leave the attic, where i currently reside (a finished attic mind you, and also the attic of the most loving and beautiful family that i know), bringing along with me all of my cares and concerns plaguing me from the moment that i awake in the morning......and deliver them up to the One who is the Deliverer.
When i am alone with God, perspective changes....its less about me and more about Him.  I've heard it said, "God whispers to us in the good times, but He screams to us in trial or pain."   The second that i cleared my head and listened to make it 'about Him'....i swear i could hear Him screaming Proverbs 3:5-6, LEAN NOT UNTO YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING!!!!!  Right, this makes sense to me.  After all, i know how limited and circumstantial my 'own understanding' is.  Its the next part that is tough for me to wrap my head around.
ACKNOWLEGE HIM, now this is the hard part.  Seek His will, forsaking mine.  But this grates against every fiber of my being!  But then, the promise...He will lead and direct my path.
After all my years of knowing God (23 to be exact), i ve realized that truth be told, i am not the author of my own life. He is writing my story.  He is the Potter, and my job is to remain moldable.  Conformable to His image.

thanks for reading,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment