Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Illumination......don't you love when light appears @ the end of the tunnel!!

Over the past few years of my life, i ve had what i consider to be 'a series of unfortunate events'.  Those who are closest with me, and also (to some degree) the entire facebook community have seen and experienced some of the emotion that fly on the skirtails of these events. lol.

For those who happen upon this with no previous knowlege of what i m referring to, allow me to recap: 
Anyone who knows or has been around me can can attest to my constant clumsiness.....which i had always written of as me being my quirky and excitable  self :)  Since afterall, id never been given any thought past what my physicians had said as i was growing up was a 'non issue'.

As it turns out, the clumsiness and what my parents and friends saw as absentmindedness turned into dizziness......which i learned was due to seizures that i d been having all along.  Crazy thing is,that what prompted all of this testing, brainscanning, etc. was that i totalled my car.  Apparently, I had been driving for years with no idea that @ anytime i could seize up and drive into a pole....which is ironically what DID happen!  Eventually, 2.5 years into testing and appointments and three different neurologists later......i was diagnosed with Mitochondrial disease.

Yippee skippee, @ least i know there is medical exuse and i could begin thanking God for answers!  I wasn't just being an absentminded nitwit afterall!  Although i am very usure of the future implications that may accompany this  disease, i can attest to the miracles of Jesus...not only as i am privy to knowlege of them in the Bible, but personal life experience has proved God is miraculously working within my life and in my body.

Today i saw light at the end of the tunnel.  I recieved special insurance coverage for the seizure meds i was prescribed!  He is faithful, and He does all things well :)
..

4 comments:

  1. WOW, Jessica, I had no idea! I'm so glad you found out What was causing the problem, hope there are no more car accidents in your future! And I'll keep praying for you, m'dear! God doesn't give you anything you can't handle with His help ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been praying for you....yes, God is so beautiful,so trustworthy, so awesome! I could just cry...tears of joy! Love you Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes! God is SO Good and this is just the beginning.. the battle is not easy - but He will always provide..always always always! love you!

    ReplyDelete